UPDATE: Say goodbye to Free Movie Tuesday at Clearview Cinemas. The incentive for Optimum Rewards members will be discontinued at the end of May, according to a spokesperson for Bow Tie Cinemas, which has entered into an agreement to buy most Clearview Cinemas from Cablevision.
In its place, Bow Tie will offer Rewards members new incentives beginning July 1. They include
- Super Tuesday – $6 movies every Tuesday at all locations excluding Manhattan (*surcharge applies for 3D movies)
- Reward Days – on Mondays and Wednesdays cardholders can buy up to four tickets per day at current Optimum Reward discount prices at the locations in Mamaroneck, Yonkers, Great Neck; Port Washington; Succasunna, N.J.; Ocean Township, N.J.; and Bergenfield, N.J.
- Cine Classics – Optimum Rewards members can buy tickets for $4 each, every Saturday and Sunday at 11 a.m. for Cine Classics (titles to be announced) at the locations in Larchmont; Manhasset; Babylon; Washington Township, N.J.; Montclair, N.J.; Succasunna, N.J.; Ocean Township, N.J.; and Greenwich, Conn.
- Birthday Party Discount – each Optimum Reward Member will get one $50 coupon toward the cost of a birthday party, valid through June 30, 2014
- Optimum Reward Instant Concessions Voucher – each Optimum Reward member will get a $10 one-time use coupon toward concessions, valid at any theater through June 30, 2014
The full list of Clearview theaters being purchased is attached to this article.
MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Normally, the movie title is what changes on the playhouse marquees, but the movie theater title is what will change in the coming months after Bow Tie Cinemas bought most Clearview Cinema theaters, including Mamaroneck, Larchmont and White Plains.
Cablevision bought Clearview in 1998. It will now sell 41 of its theaters to Bow Tie Cinemas when the "definitive" transaction is expected to close in the coming months. At that time, the four-generation, 100-plus-year-old movie company said in a statement it intends to introduce digital projection and 3D installations. Other upgrades may be made to the customer loyalty programs.
"Bow Tie will offer a number of discounts and incentives to current Optimum rewards members," said Christopher Beattie, spokesperson for Bow Tie Cinemas. "The program will continue, but it will be called something different and there will be more of a variety than just the free movie Tuesdays."
Beattie said those incentives may include discounted movie tickets, free concessions stand items.
The purchase, announced Monday, will give Bow Tie the largest number of theaters in the New York metropolitan area, and the eighth largest motion picture exhibitor in the country, according to the statement. It will boost 388 screens in 63 locations across seven states.
The Larchmont Playhouse, on 1975 Palmer Ave., the Mamaroneck Playhouse, on 243 Mamaroneck Ave., and the White Plains Playhouse, on 93 Knollwood Road, will add to Bow Tie’s two existing New York locations in Schenectady and the Bronx.
“This is a transformational acquisition for Bow Tie Cinemas and an exciting new chapter in our company’s rich history,” Ben Moss, CEO of Bow Tie Cinemas said in a statement. “Going to the movies is a tradition deeply rooted in the local community. Bow Tie makes long-term commitments in the communities where we own theaters by building local partnerships, employing local people and engaging with our patrons. Our mission is to return style and elegance to the movie-going experience™, and we look forward to applying the same approach at our newly acquired locations.”
- 1 Mamaroneck Celebrates July 4 With Picnics, Pyrotechnics
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Cars Crash Into Larchmont CVS Locations In Two-Hour Span
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Is Reported Off Long Island