MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- A Mamaroneck mother who was charged with killing her 4-year-old son pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder on Friday, Aug. 15, according to LoHud.com.
Manuela Maria Morgado allegedly tried to kill Jason "Jake" Reish by drugging him, then suffocating him with helium. Morgado then allegedly gave up on the helium and smothered her son with a pillow, LoHud.com reported.
Authorities found Morgado with her son's corpse in her arms and a suicide note, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Mamaroneck's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mamaroneck Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Walter's In Mamaroneck Celebrates 95th Anniversary