MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- A Mamaroneck mother who was charged with killing her 4-year-old son pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder on Friday, Aug. 15, according to LoHud.com.
Manuela Maria Morgado allegedly tried to kill Jason "Jake" Reish by drugging him, then suffocating him with helium. Morgado then allegedly gave up on the helium and smothered her son with a pillow, LoHud.com reported.
Authorities found Morgado with her son's corpse in her arms and a suicide note, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Larchmont, Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York