MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont last week:
- A Mamaroneck mother, Manuela Morgado, 48, pleaded guilty in county court in the smothering death of her four-year-old son in 2012.
- Mamaroneck was recently ranked as the 14th-safest town in New York by home security vendor Safe Choice Security.
- The New York State Department of Health is advising parents and health-care providers to be aware of the signs and symptoms of a serious respiratory illness known as enterovirus EV-D68, which has now been confirmed in more than a dozen children in New York state.
- Some Catholic churches in Westchester an the rest of the region may be consolidating or closing and the Archdiocese of New York is expected to announce its final decision this month.
- Three tellers from banks in Westchester County and the Bronx were indicted as part of an identity theft ring , according to prosecutors.
- The Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department will display its contribution to the community with its inaugural VMFD Day on Sunday, Sept. 28 at Harbor Island Park.
- Jeremy Winter, a former branch manager at TD Bank in Larchmont and a Ridgefield, Conn., resident, has been convicted on charges of grand larceny and scheme to defraud, according to the Westchester County District Attorney's Office.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.