MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Road resurfacing operations are under way in the Village of Mamaroneck.
Work started Wednesday and is set to continue Thursday and resume Monday, according to a news release from the village. North Barry Avenue, between First Street and the Metro North Bridge was milled Wednesday with repaving scheduled Thursday. There is no scheduled work Friday, according to the release.
"To save taxpayer monies, the Village of Mamaroneck staff recommended, and the Mayor and Board authorized, the participation to go out to public bid with a group of municipalities along the Sound Shore, including the Town of Mamaroneck and the City of New Rochelle," representatives said in the release. "Upon receipt of bids and authorization to award, we have found we realized savings of approximately 7 to 10 percent below past prices, and other prices we have found with neighboring municipalities."
The following streets are scheduled to be repaved over the next few weeks, according to the release:
- Bradford Avenue -- Between Mamaroneck Avenue and the Dead End
- Center Avenue -- Between Ogden and Concord
- Dubois Avenue -- Between Tompkins Avenue and Boston Post Road
- Louise Street -- From end to end
- Osbourne Avenue -- Between Harrison Avenue and Stoneybrook Avenue
- Prospec tAvenue -- Between Mamaroneck and Mount Pleasant
- Stanley Avenue -- Betweem Maple and Fenimore
- Stuart Avenue -- Between So. Barry Avenue and Boston Post Road
- Union Avenue and Tompkins Avenue are scheduled over the next couple of weeks to be repaved by Con Edison's contractor, to complete their gas main repair work done over this past summer