MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Efforts like rezoning to allow multi-family housing and laws to require more affordable housing have taken Mamaroneck off of the list of communities with exclusionary zoning, according to LoHud.com.
The exclusionary list was created as part of the 2009 Westchester fair housing settlement with the federal government. The town rezoned a significant amount of land for multi-family housing and new requires all new residential developments to have an affordable housing component, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 3 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Larchmont, Mamaroneck