MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Efforts like rezoning to allow multi-family housing and laws to require more affordable housing have taken Mamaroneck off of the list of communities with exclusionary zoning, according to LoHud.com.
The exclusionary list was created as part of the 2009 Westchester fair housing settlement with the federal government. The town rezoned a significant amount of land for multi-family housing and new requires all new residential developments to have an affordable housing component, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Mamaroneck Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95