MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Efforts like rezoning to allow multi-family housing and laws to require more affordable housing have taken Mamaroneck off of the list of communities with exclusionary zoning, according to LoHud.com.
The exclusionary list was created as part of the 2009 Westchester fair housing settlement with the federal government. The town rezoned a significant amount of land for multi-family housing and new requires all new residential developments to have an affordable housing component, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Mamaroneck's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mamaroneck Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Walter's In Mamaroneck Celebrates 95th Anniversary