MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Efforts like rezoning to allow multi-family housing and laws to require more affordable housing have taken Mamaroneck off of the list of communities with exclusionary zoning, according to LoHud.com.
The exclusionary list was created as part of the 2009 Westchester fair housing settlement with the federal government. The town rezoned a significant amount of land for multi-family housing and new requires all new residential developments to have an affordable housing component, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 4 Mamaroneck Installing New Sidewalks, Regardless Of Shivery Weather
- 5 Snow Likely In Mamaroneck On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year