MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Efforts like rezoning to allow multi-family housing and laws to require more affordable housing have taken Mamaroneck off of the list of communities with exclusionary zoning, according to LoHud.com.
The exclusionary list was created as part of the 2009 Westchester fair housing settlement with the federal government. The town rezoned a significant amount of land for multi-family housing and new requires all new residential developments to have an affordable housing component, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Two Women Rob Man At Knifepoint In New Rochelle, Report Says
- 2 Mamaroneck Ice Rink Reopens To Smiles, Spills After Renovation
- 3 New Rochelle Native Pleads Guilty For Role In Fatal Crash
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Mamaroneck On Wednesday