MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Efforts like rezoning to allow multi-family housing and laws to require more affordable housing have taken Mamaroneck off of the list of communities with exclusionary zoning, according to LoHud.com.
The exclusionary list was created as part of the 2009 Westchester fair housing settlement with the federal government. The town rezoned a significant amount of land for multi-family housing and new requires all new residential developments to have an affordable housing component, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Larchmont Real Estate Agent Represents 'Dream Home' Featured On HGTV
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Pelham Jumper Alive, But In Critical Condition
- 4 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom
- 5 Floral, Coral And Fringe Are In, Says Larchmont Personal Shopper