MAMARONECK, N.Y. - With a blizzard warning in effect for Westchester, Mamaroneck and Rye Neck public schools will close early Friday.
All Mamaroneck schools will close at 11:30 a.m., and follow emergency dismissal procedures. All afternoon and evening activities, including Children’s Corner, are cancelled.
Rye Neck schools will close at 11 a.m.
The blizzard warning is in effect until 1 p.m. Saturday. An estimated 10 to 14 inches of snow is possible throughout the day. Strong winds and poor visibility is likely, and the National Weather Service advises drivers to stay off the roads.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Mamaroneck's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mamaroneck Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Walter's In Mamaroneck Celebrates 95th Anniversary