MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- Rye Neck High School in Mamaroneck has been named one of the most challenging high schools in Westchester County, ranking tenth in the area and the 35th-most challenging high school in New York State, according to a new national study of public and private high schools conducted by the Washington Post.
- Nine Westchester neighborhoods have made the list of the Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs.
- The man who died Wednesday morning after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge has been identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale.
- Westchester County Executive and gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino is calling for the resignation of state Health Department Commissioner Dr. Nirav Shah.
- After 75 years of capturing the hearts and minds of comic book fans everywhere, the much-beloved comic book character Archie Andrews, known simply as "Archie," to many, is set to meet his untimely death in a July issue, Archie Comic Publications Inc., announced earlier this week.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 3 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 4 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 5 IRS Warns Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam