MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont last week:
- Mamaroneck schools welcomed new teachers at events throughout the week, including a bus tour of Larchmont and Mamaroneck with views of Harbor Island.
- A man staying in the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook for a wedding accidentally shot a man in the next room who was attending another wedding Saturday afternoon, Rye Brook Police Chief Gregory Austin said.
- Several schools throughout Westchester County including Chatsworth Avenue and Murray Avenue schools of Mamaroneck, were named "Reward Schools" by the New York State Education Department.
- After nearly two years the Jefferson Avenue Bridge reopened. The bridge opened with new stop signs on north-bound Van Ranst Avenue at Jefferson Avenue Extension and on east-bound Jefferson Avenue Extension at the intersection of Van Ranst Avenue.
- The Leonberger dog found dead along the shore in Rye Wednesday night was not drowned, as the SPCA of Westchester suspected he may have been, according to the owner and their veterinarian.
- 1 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 4 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Mamaroneck, Larchmont