MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Officials from the Village of Mamaroneck are warning residents to be on the lookout for scammers alleging to be with Westchester Joint Water Works (WJWW) or other utility companies.
Police were notified of an incident involving two individuals impersonating water company employees who requested access to a resident's home.
Residents are reminded to never allow individuals access to their home without seeing proper identification.
Most WJWW service calls involving access to a residence are done by prior appointment and all employees have photo ID's, which if not prominently displayed, must be produced upon request.
Residents who have any concerns are advised to contact the police department immediately.
- 1 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 2 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 3 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 4 Storm System Departs Mamaroneck, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 There Was An Upside To The Blizzard Scare In Larchmont