MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Officials from the Village of Mamaroneck are warning residents to be on the lookout for scammers alleging to be with Westchester Joint Water Works (WJWW) or other utility companies.
Police were notified of an incident involving two individuals impersonating water company employees who requested access to a resident's home.
Residents are reminded to never allow individuals access to their home without seeing proper identification.
Most WJWW service calls involving access to a residence are done by prior appointment and all employees have photo ID's, which if not prominently displayed, must be produced upon request.
Residents who have any concerns are advised to contact the police department immediately.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 New Rochelle Native Pleads Guilty For Role In Fatal Crash
- 4 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 5 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester