MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont last week:
- The Mamaroneck Tigers field hockey team won the Section 1, Class A championship on Thursday, by defeating Mahopac, 7-0, in Brewster.
- Village officials said that Department of Public Works crews are cleaning up graffiti from Halloween that includes vulgarity and a symbol of hate.
- Democrats retained their narrow majority on the Village Board of Trustees on Tuesday by sweeping three elections, according to unofficial results.
- Rye City Schools, Rye Neck Union Free and Blind Brook-Rye Union Free were all listed among the top public school systems in the country, according to Niche, an education website dedicated to providing rankings and statistics on school districts throughout the country.
- For six weeks leading up to Election Day, Mamaroneck High School seniors volunteered for federal, state and village political campaigns . They'll ultimately get Advanced Placement course credit for it.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.