MAMARONECK, N.Y. – After two weeks on top, Mamaroneck teenager Carly Rose Sonenclar was knocked off the No. 1 spot in viewer votes on "X Factor" Thursday night.
The 13-year-old came in at No. 2 after singing "If I Were A Boy" by Beyonce and an unplugged version of Justin Bieber's "As Long As You Love Me."
Country singer Tate Stevens took the No. 1 spot after performing songs by Garth Brooks and Bon Jovi. CeCe Grey, the pop starlet from Decatur, Ill., was sent home first Thursday night.
Sonenclar's fellow "Teen" group member Diamond White was eliminated after a sing-off with girl group Fifth Harmony.
Despite her fall from the top spot, judge Simon Cowell said that Sonenclar had a phenomenal night Wednesday. L.A. Reid said he appreciated Sonenclar's simpler performance of the Bieber hit, void of what he called her usual "vocal acrobatics."
"This is the first time that she really displayed her talents as a recording artist," Reid said backstage.
Local fans even took to painting windows on Boston Post Road in support of the hometown star last month.
Sonenclar will compete with the rest of the Top 4 in the "X Factor" semifinals Wednesday, when she will no doubt try to reclaim the No. 1 spot in viewer votes and make it into the finals.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 3 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 4 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket
- 5 Larchmont Hosts Long Island Sound Swim Across America To Fight Cancer