MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- The Marine Education Center at Harbor Island Park in Mamaroneck is getting ready to open for its second season.
The center is looking for volunteers to help coordinate and supervise programs and activities and to sit at the front desk on Saturday mornings. High school students, college students and adults with an interest in environmental education are invited to come to the Spring 2014 Volunteer Meeting at 3 p.m., Saturday, March 29, at the Beach Pavilion at Harbor Island Park.
The Marine Education Center is a nonprofit volunteer organization on Long Island Sound in Mamaroneck. The center is "dedicated to promoting knowledge, conservation and stewardship of the local Long Island Sound ecosystem through educational programs, outreach and special events," representatives said.
"At the new Marine Education Center at Harbor Island Park, children, families, friends and neighbors will learn about local marine life and have fun together," representatives said. "We'll find out what's living in Mamaroneck Harbor, learn to identify birds and plants, share our knowledge and create special projects and exhibits together."
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Women's Club Awards College Scholarships To Rye Neck, Mamaroneck Students
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says