MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- A group of parents filed a lawsuit Wednesday, April 23, against the Mamaroneck Board of Education and schools superintendent challenging the legality of a recent policy change that would allow the district to provide certain high school students public transit passes instead of yellow bus service.
- Vincent Jewelers and Sarlin Opticians will be torn down with the Mamaroneck Playhouse after the building owner, Bow Tie Cinemas, decided to close the theater Sunday.
- Larchmont's Justin Garzia, Ken Green enjoyed strong finishes at the 118th Boston Marathon.
- Rye Neck High School in Mamaroneck was named among the top high schools in New York and was one of only 500 schools nationwide to receive a gold medal rating in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
- Mamaroneck’s Christopher Paul has adapted to what he calls the “technology shake up” in the video production and advertising world in the last decade by adding website design to his Mamaroneck-based production company’s offerings.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 3 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 4 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 5 IRS Warns Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam