MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- There will likely be changes made to a proposed local law creating a parking permit system on five streets in the Washington Square area, Mamaroneck Town Administrator Stephen Altieri said after a public hearing on the matter Wednesday night.
- Two cars caught fire at the Mobil Gas Station on the Hutchinson River Parkway near Exit 25 Tuesday morning after a 70-year-old man having a diabetic emergency rear-ended a car pumping gas, according to Kieran O'Leary of the Westchester County Police Department.
- U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer, D- New York, recently said he wants a flood control project in Mamaroneck to be expedited by the Army Corps of Engineers, according to Westchester County Business Journal.
- Hurricane season officially began on June 1, and with Sandy and Irene still fresh in the memories of many locals, the government is advising Westchester to prepare for potential natural disasters.
- 1 Mamaroneck Celebrating July 4 With A Bang
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway