MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- Larchmont Librarian Frank Connelly, an Irvington resident, continued his annual tradition of dressing in a frock coat and top hat to read the Charles Dickens classic "A Christmas Carol", which drew a record crowd this year.
- DNA testing by Westchester County officials has led to the arrest of a Spring Valley woman believed to be the mother of the infant boy named "Baby Angel" who was found in an Elmsford recycling plant last month.
- Former Mamaroneck High School soccer standout Gustavo Trinidad is continuing his high level of play after being named to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America/Continental Tire Division III Men’s All-East Third Team recently.
- The Planning Board's public hearing scheduled for Wednesday on the 2013 Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht Club (MBYC) Amended Site Plan Application has been cancelled due to incomplete application materials.
- A week after a fatal accident on the railroad's Hudson Line, Metro-North is making improvements to reinforce safety at critical curves and movable bridges along the railroad's right-of-way, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority announced on its website.