MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont last week:
- The Mamaroneck village cut down and removed about one dozen trees along Mamaroneck Avenue between Palmer Avenue and Spencer Place this summer. The village did so because the trees’ roots were overgrown and had been lifting up the sidewalk and street , causing a hazard for pedestrians.
- The Mamaroneck staple, Sal’s Pizza is celebrating its 50 years with a block party on Sunday, when a regular slice will cost just 50 cents instead of its normal cost of $2.25.
- The Greenwich Police marine unit saved five people from a sinking 26-foot Bayliner boat Saturday night, Aug. 16, in Long Island Sound just inside Greenwich waters.
- Police have released descriptions of the three suspects in the Tourneau jewelry store smash-and-grab robbery in The Westchester mall on Sunday.
- A Mamaroneck mother who was charged in the death of her 4-year-old son pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder on Friday, Aug. 15, according to LoHud.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.