LARCHMONT, N.Y. – Photos of the Hudson Valley will be on display at the Oresman Gallery in the Larchmont Public Library throughout January.
“Art Within Nature” by Robert Uricchio features landscape photography and is open to the public from Jan. 3 to 30.
Uricchio retired from the New York City Police Department after a 20-year career and turned to his love of photography, according to a news release. When he was younger, he took pictures around his home in the Jackson Heights neighborhood of Queens and later traveled while taking pictures of the outdoors.
Nowadays, the Westchester County resident and St. John’s University graduate photographs the Hudson Valley landscape during his hikes, the release said. While at St. John’s, Uricchio earned a degree in communication arts, the release said.
An award-winning artist, Uricchio has had his work displayed in libraries throughout Westchester and New York City.
“Art Within Nature” is free and will be on exhibit from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays.
For more information, call the Larchmont Public Library at 914-834-2281.
- 1 Three Brothers From Harrison Open Healthy Cafe In Mamaroneck
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M