MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- The 2014-15 Mamaroneck school budget has been revised to include new and reinstate several former programs.
- Four New Rochelle residents remained displaced late on Monday afternoon, after an early morning fire tore through a Bayard Street home, razing half of it.
- Mamaroneck School District educators say the new Common Core Standards have created a "very challenging and often frustrating time" for teachers and students, according to a press release.
- Single-family home prices in Westchester climbed 16.5 percent and sales increased 19.4 percent in the first quarter of 2014, compared with the same period in 2013, according to a report published Monday by the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors.
- 1 Mamaroneck Celebrates July 4 With Picnics, Pyrotechnics
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Is Reported Off Long Island