MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- The 2014-15 Mamaroneck school budget has been revised to include new and reinstate several former programs.
- Four New Rochelle residents remained displaced late on Monday afternoon, after an early morning fire tore through a Bayard Street home, razing half of it.
- Mamaroneck School District educators say the new Common Core Standards have created a "very challenging and often frustrating time" for teachers and students, according to a press release.
- Single-family home prices in Westchester climbed 16.5 percent and sales increased 19.4 percent in the first quarter of 2014, compared with the same period in 2013, according to a report published Monday by the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors.
- 1 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 2 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 3 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 4 Storm System Departs Mamaroneck, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 There Was An Upside To The Blizzard Scare In Larchmont