Unlike nearby waterfront areas, Hurricane Sandy did very little damage to the Mamaroneck Harbor.
Some of the docks around the harbor area sustained minimal damage. Docked boats were lifted out of the water by a tidal surge and were swept to private property on Greacen Point Drive, said Village of Mamaroneck Manager Richard Slingerland.
Slingerland said he was not aware of any damage to the boats on Harbor Island and those who lost their boats went to the private property they landed on in order to retrieve them.
“People with boats at the Mamaroneck Harbor are moving forward with their lives and we are very lucky we didn't have anywhere near the severe level of damage that you saw at the Jersey Shore.” Slingerland said.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 3 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 4 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 5 IRS Warns Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam