Unlike nearby waterfront areas, Hurricane Sandy did very little damage to the Mamaroneck Harbor.
Some of the docks around the harbor area sustained minimal damage. Docked boats were lifted out of the water by a tidal surge and were swept to private property on Greacen Point Drive, said Village of Mamaroneck Manager Richard Slingerland.
Slingerland said he was not aware of any damage to the boats on Harbor Island and those who lost their boats went to the private property they landed on in order to retrieve them.
“People with boats at the Mamaroneck Harbor are moving forward with their lives and we are very lucky we didn't have anywhere near the severe level of damage that you saw at the Jersey Shore.” Slingerland said.
- 1 Mamaroneck's Skinny House Nominated As Historic Place
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 5 Mamaroneck Puzzle Solver Readies For 38th Crossword Competition