MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer, D- New York, recently said he wants a flood control project in Mamaroneck to be expedited by the Army Corps of Engineers, according to Westchester County Business Journal.
Schumer, who was in Mamaroneck on Thursday, May 29, said the flood mitigation plan needs to be accelerated before the village suffers another major disaster, WCBJ reported.
The current mitigation plan in place would cost $59.2 million and would include the construction of retaining walls and would deepen the Mamaroneck and Sheldrake rivers by 4.2 feet and 3.4 feet, respectively, WCBJ said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads To Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning As 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 4 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow