MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer, D- New York, recently said he wants a flood control project in Mamaroneck to be expedited by the Army Corps of Engineers, according to Westchester County Business Journal.
Schumer, who was in Mamaroneck on Thursday, May 29, said the flood mitigation plan needs to be accelerated before the village suffers another major disaster, WCBJ reported.
The current mitigation plan in place would cost $59.2 million and would include the construction of retaining walls and would deepen the Mamaroneck and Sheldrake rivers by 4.2 feet and 3.4 feet, respectively, WCBJ said.
- 1 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket
- 2 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 3 Three Brothers From Harrison Open Healthy Cafe In Mamaroneck
- 4 Larchmont Hosts Long Island Sound Swim Across America To Fight Cancer
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon