RYE, N.Y. -- Westchester County Legislator Ken Jenkins (D- Yonkers) recently announced the lawsuit to invalidate the contract between the county and Sustainable Playland, Inc. has been delayed from Thursday, June 19 to Friday, July 11.
Legal counsel for Jenkins said the lawsuit will move forward because the contract between the county and SPI still exists, even if plans to have the company manage the amusement park have been scrapped.
"The Contract needs to be invalidated and the BOL must approve any contract regarding Playland," Jenkins said in a statement.
- 1 Larchmont Man Charged With Grand Larceny
- 2 Hundreds Gather In Larchmont For Funeral Of News Reporter Slattery
- 3 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 4 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 5 Mamaroneck's Olivia Thurman Receives Scholarship To Study Abroad