MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Ten beaches along the Long Island Sound in Westchester are closed Tuesday because of pollution carried by the recent rain.
The 10 beaches closed are:
- Harbor Island Park, Mamaroneck
- Beach Point Club, Mamaroneck
- Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht Club
- Shore Acres, Mamaroneck
- Orienta Club, Mamaroneck
- Hudson Park, New Rochelle
- Echo Bay Club, New Rochelle
- Davenport Club, New Rochelle
- Greentree Club, New Rochelle
- Coveleigh Club, Rye
The Westchester County Health Department prohibits swimming at those beaches for one day whenever it rains at least half an inch within 24 hours. If it rains more than an inch, they remain closed for two days.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.