WESTCHSETER COUNTY, N.Y. – A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for Westchester County until 6:45 p.m., according to the National Weather Service.
Thunderstorms could produce quarter-size hail and damaging winds topping 65 miles per hour. The warning was issued at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday and follows a storm Tuesday that knocked out power to thousands in the Hudson Valley.
A severe thunderstorm watch was previously issued at 4:15 p.m. and remains in effect Wednesday until 10 p.m.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 3 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison