MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont last week:
- Downtown roads in the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont were closed this week during work hours as Con Edison continues installing higher-pressure gas mains in the area.
- The Town of Mamaroneck has announced limited hours for issuing New York State hunting and fishing licenses, to minimize the disruption to other Town Clerk Office functions.
- Westchester County Police identified the victim who died early Wednesday when his car left the Saw Mill River Parkway at the Ardsley exit ramp, crashed through a railing and plunged about 30 feet to the ground below.
- Though grieving, Harry Devert's mother remains grateful her son lived his short life to the fullest.
- Benjamin Kupferberg, a Larchmont resident, was named to the Dean’s List for academic excellence for the spring 2014 semester at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md.
- The Swim Across America-Long Island Sound summer events to raise awareness and funding to fight cancer are already a record-breaking success with $1.15 million raised in several Westchester pool swim marathons and the SAALIS Swim in Long Island Sound.
- 1 Larchmont Man Charged With Grand Larceny
- 2 Hundreds Gather In Larchmont For Funeral Of News Reporter Slattery
- 3 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 4 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 5 Westchester Scholars Named National Achievement Semifinalists