MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A Tuesday morning water main break is causing “sporadic” water discoloration for Mamaroneck and Larchmont residents, said David Birdsall, business director of the Westchester Joint Water Works (WJWW).
The leak, reported around 9 a.m. near the WJWW’s Larchmont plant off Weaver Street, has caused discolored water in the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck, Birdsall said.
The Village of Mamaroneck sent out an email to residents notifying them that discolored water could occur over the next 24 to 36 hours. Birdsall said the WJWW has yet to determine the cause of the leak.
Water is still safe to use and drink, but the WJWW website says residents shouldn't do laundry or use hot water when discoloration is present.
- 1 Rye Neck HS Grad Josh Barach Launches App For New Anonymous Social Network
- 2 Snow Could Return To Larchmont, Mamaroneck For Morning Commute
- 3 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 4 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 5 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95