MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A Tuesday morning water main break is causing “sporadic” water discoloration for Mamaroneck and Larchmont residents, said David Birdsall, business director of the Westchester Joint Water Works (WJWW).
The leak, reported around 9 a.m. near the WJWW’s Larchmont plant off Weaver Street, has caused discolored water in the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck, Birdsall said.
The Village of Mamaroneck sent out an email to residents notifying them that discolored water could occur over the next 24 to 36 hours. Birdsall said the WJWW has yet to determine the cause of the leak.
Water is still safe to use and drink, but the WJWW website says residents shouldn't do laundry or use hot water when discoloration is present.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mamaroneck Skies Sunday
- 2 Former Larchmont Moving Company Executive Gets Six-Year Prison Term
- 3 Medical Examiner: Larchmont Native Joan Rivers Died Of Low Blood Oxygen
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Mamaroneck, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95