MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A Tuesday morning water main break is causing “sporadic” water discoloration for Mamaroneck and Larchmont residents, said David Birdsall, business director of the Westchester Joint Water Works (WJWW).
The leak, reported around 9 a.m. near the WJWW’s Larchmont plant off Weaver Street, has caused discolored water in the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck, Birdsall said.
The Village of Mamaroneck sent out an email to residents notifying them that discolored water could occur over the next 24 to 36 hours. Birdsall said the WJWW has yet to determine the cause of the leak.
Water is still safe to use and drink, but the WJWW website says residents shouldn't do laundry or use hot water when discoloration is present.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads To Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning As 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 5 Storm System Departs Mamaroneck, Snow Could Return Thursday