MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A Tuesday morning water main break is causing “sporadic” water discoloration for Mamaroneck and Larchmont residents, said David Birdsall, business director of the Westchester Joint Water Works (WJWW).
The leak, reported around 9 a.m. near the WJWW’s Larchmont plant off Weaver Street, has caused discolored water in the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck, Birdsall said.
The Village of Mamaroneck sent out an email to residents notifying them that discolored water could occur over the next 24 to 36 hours. Birdsall said the WJWW has yet to determine the cause of the leak.
Water is still safe to use and drink, but the WJWW website says residents shouldn't do laundry or use hot water when discoloration is present.
- 1 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Rank High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Larchmont's Wendy Gee! Will Close Its Doors After 24 Years
- 3 Mamaroneck Defeats Mahopac In Overtime To Win Boys Lacrosse Sectional Title
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester, Rye, Mamaroneck To Halt Hunting Plans