LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- The Westchester County Mobile Shredder will be coming to Larchmont on Saturday, Sept. 20.
The mobile shredder will be parked in the Larchmont train station parking lot No. 1 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Shredding personal documents serves a double purpose -- to recycle paper and protect sensitive information against identity theft -- the fastest-growing crime in the nation. Westchester residents may bring confidential personal papers for shredding to any one of the following events.
Residents can bring up to four file-size (10 by 12 by 15 inches) boxes of confidential papers per household. Please remove all large binder clips and covers. Papers from businesses, institutions or commercial enterprises are not acceptable and will be rejected, as will any junk mail or newspapers.
Service at the events works on a first-come-first-served basis, as the mobile shredder unit can reach its maximum capacity before closing time. In extreme weather, events may be canceled or terminated early.
To check on a cancellation or early closure, call the county's Recycling Helpline at 914-813-5425.
For a full list of upcoming stops, visit http://environment.westchestergov.com/mobile-shredder.
- 1 Option Of School-Based Health Center In Mamaroneck Widens Public Debate
- 2 Storm Could Bring Significant Snowfall, Icing To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Larchmont Kicks Off 125th Anniversary Celebration With Time To Spare
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Controlling Deer Population In Mamaroneck Is Targeted