WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County general employees and county police are the highest-paid local government employees in the state outside New York City, according to a recent report released by the Empire Center for Public Policy.
The study revealed that general, or nonpolice, employees in Westchester average $76,652 in annual salary while county police in Westchester average $184,865.
The highest-paid employee in Westchester County was police officer Wayne Mullaney, who made $319,628 between April 2013 and March 2014, the report said.
The highest-paid local government employee was Charles E. Ewald, a jail warden who was paid $414,527 by Suffolk County.
In all, 1,803 local government employees cleared more money between than Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who made $179,000, according to the report.
- 1 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 2 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Larchmont, Mamaroneck