WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County general employees and county police are the highest-paid local government employees in the state outside New York City, according to a recent report released by the Empire Center for Public Policy.
The study revealed that general, or nonpolice, employees in Westchester average $76,652 in annual salary while county police in Westchester average $184,865.
The highest-paid employee in Westchester County was police officer Wayne Mullaney, who made $319,628 between April 2013 and March 2014, the report said.
The highest-paid local government employee was Charles E. Ewald, a jail warden who was paid $414,527 by Suffolk County.
In all, 1,803 local government employees cleared more money between than Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who made $179,000, according to the report.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mamaroneck Skies Sunday
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 3 Two Women Rob Man At Knifepoint In New Rochelle, Report Says
- 4 Mamaroneck, Larchmont Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Mamaroneck Ice Rink Reopens To Smiles, Spills After Renovation