WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The White Plains-based Music Conservatory of Westchester will be providing 14 scholarships Feb. 14.
Scholarships are based on financial need, and renewable through high school graduation, provided students meet all program requirements and continue to make good progress in their studies.
Scholarships are awarded according to each family’s financial circumstances. Families with incomes of $75,000 or less receive awards from 30 to 90 percent of tuition. Families with incomes between $75,000 and $125,000 receive awards of up to 25 percent of tuition.
Kindergarten through high school students may apply.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com. Include name, age, level of music abilities (young beginners are welcome to apply), and instrument of interest.
Winners will be selected based on eligibility, enthusiasm and commitment.
The Conservatory is also offering free classes, workshops and performances both in its building at 216 Central Ave. and at various locations throughout Westchester.
Onsite activities take place from Jan. 25 through Feb. 1 and include workshops in songwriting, technology and contemporary styles.
Group classes will be offered in musical theater, chorus and a variety of instruments including recorder, piano, strings and winds.
- 1 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Rank High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Larchmont's Wendy Gee! Will Close Its Doors After 24 Years
- 3 Mamaroneck Defeats Mahopac In Overtime To Win Boys Lacrosse Sectional Title
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester, Rye, Mamaroneck To Halt Hunting Plans