WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An inch of rain could fall on Westchester County with a strong storm expected to start overnight and lasting into the Thursday morning commute, according to the National Weather Service.
Rain is forecast to start some time after 3 a.m. on Thursday, with the heaviest rainfall and thunderstorms expected as morning breaks and commuters hit the roads. The chance of rain is forecast at 80 percent, according to the forecast.
The rain expected to end by early afternoon on Thursday with temperatures only reaching the mid to high 60's, according to the forecast.
A spectacular weekend to hit the beach is expected behind the rain, however, with sunny skies and temperatures in the low 80's.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mamaroneck Skies Sunday
- 2 Former Larchmont Moving Company Executive Gets Six-Year Prison Term
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 4 Medical Examiner: Larchmont Native Joan Rivers Died Of Low Blood Oxygen
- 5 Two Women Rob Man At Knifepoint In New Rochelle, Report Says