LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- For residents looking for some fun family events this weekend, here are a few to consider.
- From now until March 1, Phuse, a local social-action club at Mamaroneck High School, is collecting school supplies for an impoverished Native American reservation in South Dakota. Collection boxes are stationed in Mamaroneck High School and Stephanie's Kloset, on 1967 Palmer Ave. Phuse has partnered up with The Lakota Pine Ridge Children's Enrichment Project to collect school supplies like spiral notebooks, composition notebooks, graph paper calculators, rulers, pens, pencils, markers, scissors, and of course backpacks (other materials like sports equipment, shoes and books would be great to donate as well).
- The Voracious Reader, at 1997 Palmer Ave., offers free books and pizza for 12-14 year olds on the final friday of each month from 6-7:30 pm. Teens get together and choose a free, not-yet-published book, while enjoying pizza and a beverage. There is a $5.00 admission fee. Reservations please .
- While the weekly Larchmont Farmers Market in Lot 3 of the Larchmont Train Station is closed for the winter season, residents can visit the Mamaroneck Indoor Farmers Market , open Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at St. Thomas' Episcopal Church, on 168 W. Boston Post Rd.
- M&M Productions presents "Almost Maine" at the Larchmont Village Center, behind the Larchmont Library, Sunday at 4 p.m. The event is free, and wine and snacks will be served at 3:30 p.m. The event is sponsored by Friends of the Larchmont Public Library (914-954-7481).
- The Larchmont Library features two artists each month in their Oresman Gallery. This month, the photography of Bill Scher and landscape paintings and etchings of Catherine Caulfield Russell are on display. Both will be on display through February 28. The exhibits are free and open during normal library hours. For information call (914) 834-2281.
- The Mamaroneck Artist Guild, at 126 Larchmont Ave., presents "7 Visions", featuring the work of seven artists. They include: Mitchell Visoky, Annette Lieblein, Julia Sperry, B.A. D'Alessandro, Deborah Petrucci, Terry Kessler Schwarz, and Cary Thorp Brown.
If you have events you would like posted on The Daily Mamaroneck, go to our calendar and click "Add Your Event", or e-mail the information to Mamaroneck reporter Brian Donnelly at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.