LARCHMONT, N.Y. Here's a look at events happening around Larchmont this week, including government meetings and community happenings. See our events listings for more.
Monday, April 16
- LarchmontMamaroneck Senior Center Art Show All day. This is the 39th annual exhibit featuring the works of 25 seniors attending the art class led by artist and instructor Patricia Sutherland. Artworks in oil, watercolors, acrylic, pastels and graphic pencil will be hung in the Orseman Gallery throughout April. Larchmont Library, 120 Larchmont Ave.
- Larchmont Board of Trustees meeting 7:30 p.m. The village board will continue its hearing on the preliminary budget. Also on the agenda , the board will consider a request by Community Markets to continue the Larchmont Farmers Market, on Parking Deck No. 3 at the train station, in 2012. If approved, the market would open May 26, the week following the final day of the Mamaroneck Indoor Farmers Market inside St. Thomas Episcopal Church. Larchmont Village Hall, 120 Larchmont Ave.
- Larchmont Planning Board meeting 8 p.m. The board will consider 10 applications. Village Hall Conference Room, 121 Larchmont Ave.
- Mamaroneck Board of Architectural Review 8 p.m. The board will consider facade and site improvements for both Walgreens on 1333 Boston Post Road and the Acura dealer at 2151 Palmer Ave.
Tuesday, April 17
- Stories and Tales 2:15 p.m. This interactive story time at the Larchmont Library helps foster children's interest in literacy through fun, interesting tales. Another session is at 10 a.m. Thursdays. Registration is not required. This program is for ages 3 and 4, and a parent or caregiver must attend. Larchmont Library, 121 Larchmont Ave.
- Stories 'N' More 4 p.m. Bring your children, ages 5 to 7, to the Larchmont Library for a story, craft or perhaps both. Registration is not required. Larchmont Library, 121 Larchmont Ave.
- Mamaroneck Recreation Committee 7:30 p.m. This board reviews and recommends recreation programs, activities and the development of facilities. VFW Lodge, 1288 Boston Post Road.
Mamaroneck School Board Meeting : - 7:30 p.m. The board will seek to adopt the superintendent of school's recommended budget. Mamaroneck High School Tiered Classroom, 1000 W Boston Post Road.
Wednesday, April 18
- Young and Restless 10:30 a.m. The Larchmont Library presents an early literacy program for toddlers (ages 1½-3) and babies (ages 3 months-1½). The toddler program begins at 10:30 a.m., the baby program at 11:15 a.m.
- NOGA Soccer "Survivor" Challenge 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. This 90-minute clinic, which costs $40 per child in advance or $45 at the event, features "Survivor-themed" games and challenges for ages 5-11. NOGA Soccer is partnering with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to raise money in honor of professional soccer star and "Survivor" winner Ethan Zohn, who is currently undergoing another round of treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma. All proceeds will benefit LLS. Harbor Island Park.
- Poetry Fest 1 p.m. Create and sharing poems at the Larchmont Library's Poetry Fest, for ages 8 and up. To register, show up in person or call (914) 8342281.
- Mamaroneck Town Board work session and meeting 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. Following a work session in Conference Room C at 5 p.m., the board will reconvene in the courtroom at 8 p.m. Town Center, 740 W Boston Post Rd.
- Mamaroneck Planning Board 8 p.m. The board will consider four applications , including one by Bonnie Briar Country Club to make improvements to its golf course. Another application by Winged Foot Golf Club requests to renovate its pool area.
Thursday, April 19
Final Cut Pro editing class 7 p.m. LMC-TV is partnering with Larchmont-Mamaroneck Continuing Education to offer a five-week course for $190 that will teach you how to capture your video, import pictures and music, create titles, add transitions and more. If you want to enhance your video editing skills and learn how to edit more professional-looking videos, this class will get you started. Computers and content will be provided. Basic knowledge of using a Mac computer is required. LMC-TV Studio 2, 145 Library Lane.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.