MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Strong and potentially damaging winds are expected to continue through Thursday in southern Westchester, including Mamaroneck.
The National Weather Service issued a wind advisory in effect until 6 p.m.,Thursday. Hazards include 20 to 25 mph winds and gusts up to 55 mph.
According to the NWS, the fierce wind could bring down tree limbs, power lines and unsecured outdoor objects and driving could be difficult.
All residents are advised to take extra precautions.
- 1 Mamaroneck Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Rye Neck Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 3 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 4 Westchester Roadways Have Heavy Volume With Storm, Thanksgiving Approaching
- 5 Mamaroneck Residents Part Of The Team Behind 'Foxcatcher'