MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Strong and potentially damaging winds are expected to continue through Thursday in southern Westchester, including Mamaroneck.
The National Weather Service issued a wind advisory in effect until 6 p.m.,Thursday. Hazards include 20 to 25 mph winds and gusts up to 55 mph.
According to the NWS, the fierce wind could bring down tree limbs, power lines and unsecured outdoor objects and driving could be difficult.
All residents are advised to take extra precautions.
- 1 Mamaroneck's Skinny House Nominated As Historic Place
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Because Of Possible Health Risk