WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Winter Weather Advisory is now in effect for all of Westchester County from 5 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.
During this time, snow accumulations of between 2 to 5 inches are expected, with the highest amounts in Northwest areas.
Snow is expected to develop toward daybreak on Tuesday and become locally heavy toward the end of morning rush hour before tapering to snow showers by mid to late afternoon.
Hazardous driving conditions, especially on untreated roads, are expected.
The forecast for Wednesday calls for sunny skies and a high around 35.
Thursday should be mostly sunny with a high around 34.
Temperatures will then warm up for the weekend.
There is a chance of rain Friday with a high of around 48. There's a chance of rain on Saturday with a high around 43.
- 1 Mamaroneck Celebrating July 4 With A Bang
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway