MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Angelo Rigano, a lifetime Mamaroneck resident, died April 14. He was 101.
Rigano was born June 29, 1912, to Santo and Gaetana Rigano. He graduated from Mamaroneck High School. He worked with his brothers building houses in Westchester. He joined the Army and served his country in Europe during World War II. He was active in American Legion Post 347, where he served as commander for several years. He changed careers in the 60's, studying computers. He worked as a computer operator for Ciba-Geigy in Ardsley, from which he retired in 1977. After retirement, he worked part time at Foley's Hardware in Larchmont.
Rigano is survived by his wife, Rosemarie (Russo); daughter, Rita Anne Rigano (Ronald Katz); three grandchildren. He was predeceased by his siblings, Joseph, Charles, Philip, Mary, Lola Proch, Catherine Mahrlig, and Frances Gironda.
Calling hours are Monday, April 21 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Coxe & Graziano Funeral Home, 767 E. Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 22 at St. Vito's RC Church followed by interment at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the American Legion; http://www.legion.org/donate/memorials.com
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 3 Snow Could Return To Larchmont, Mamaroneck For Morning Commute
- 4 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents