MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Augustine C. "Augie" Aloia, a lifelong Mamaroneck resident, Feb. 11. He was 92.
Aloia was born in Mamaroneck to Michael and Genevieve Aloia. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He worked for the Village of Mamaroneck as a foreman for many years and was an usher and lifelong parishioner of St. Vito's Church.
Aloia is survived by his children, Augustine, Jr. (Kathie), Ann Marie Aloia and Kathy Hanly (Peter); and five grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Marian; siblings, Frances Braiotta, Mary Moscatell, Salvatore, Joseph and Peter Aloia.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 14 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Coxe & Graziano Funeral Home, 767 E. Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck, 914-698-5968. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 15 at St. Vito's R.C. Church. Interment will follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery.
Donations may be made in Aloia's memory to Wounded Warrior Project, P.O. Box 758517 Topeka, KS 66675 or 877-832-6997.
For more information, please visit: http://www.coxeandgraziano.com
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Mamaroneck's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Walter's In Mamaroneck Celebrates 95th Anniversary
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Mamaroneck Tigers Prepare For Sectional Sports Titles