MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Blanche M. Fowler, a former member of St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Mamaroneck, died Oct. 15 in Webster, Texas. She was 90.
Fowler was born July 21, 1922, in the Bronx, N.Y., to Maurice and Vera Walker. She was a member of St. Thomas for many years and was most recently a member of St. Christopher's Episcopal Church in League City, Texas.
She retired in 1987 and relocated to Houston, Texas for the birth of her first grandson.
She was married to Jon Evans and then Nolan C. Fowler. They both predeceased her. She was also predeceased by a brother, Terence Walker; and a son, Nolan C Fowler Jr.
Fowler is survived by a daughter, Joni DeSoto; a son, Terence M. Fowler; a son-in-law, Ricardo DeSoto; two brothers, William Walker and Ronald Walker; a sister, Vera Scorza; three grandsons; and many nieces and nephews.
A memorial celebration will be held at St. Christopher's Church at a later date. Crowder Funeral Home in Texas handled arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to DePelchin Children's Center, 4950 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77007.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 New Rochelle Native Pleads Guilty For Role In Fatal Crash
- 4 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 5 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester