GREENWICH, Conn. - Bridget Philomena "Phyllis" Rodriguez, of Greenwich and a former longtime resident of Larchmont, N.Y., died Friday, June 20. She was 81.
Rodriguez was born Jan. 7, 1933, to Thomas Kyne and Kate Flynn in Galway, Ireland. For many years, she was active in the parishes of Sts. John and Paul in Larchmont and St. Mary's in Greenwich. She was a member of Westchester Country Club.
Rodriguez is survived by her brothers, Patrick Francis Kyne and Thomas Gabriel Kyne; eight stepchildren, Carlos Rodriguez, Tim Rodriguez, Reggie Rodriguez, Thomas Rodriguez, Terry McKee, Mary Jo DiSesa, Robin Foote and Tracy Lynn; and 20 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Carlos Rodriguez; and aunt, Catherine.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 24, from 4 to 8 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher & Son, 31 Arch St., Greenwich. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 25, at St. Mary's Church, 178 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich. Interment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne, N.Y.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Rodriguez’s name to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
For more information, visit www.leopgallaghergreenwich.com
- 1 Larchmont Man Charged With Grand Larceny
- 2 Hundreds Gather In Larchmont For Funeral Of News Reporter Slattery
- 3 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 4 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 5 Westchester Scholars Named National Achievement Semifinalists