BREWSTER, N.Y. - Carmela F. Friberg of Brewster, formerly of Mamaroneck, died Sunday, May 18. She was 88.
Friberg was born June 5, 1925, in Manhattan, to Costantino and Lucy (Caruso) DeLucia. She graduated from schools in Manhattan. She was an accounting clerk for Raichle Molitor (a ski equipment distributor) in Brewster for many years. She was a 35 year resident of Brewster. She previously lived in Mamaroneck.
Friberg is survived by her husband; sister, Anna Cassone of Brewster; three nieces; and a nephew.
Calling hours are Wednesday, May 21 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Beecher Funeral Home, 1 Putnam Ave., Brewster. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 22 at St. Lawrence O'Toole Church in Brewster. Interment will follow at Milltown Rural Cemetery, Brewster.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Friberg's memory may be made to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065.
- 1 Residents Complain About Mamaroneck Pub's Late-Night Noise
- 2 Man Shot Twice In New Rochelle Is In Serious Condition
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud