BREWSTER, N.Y. - Carmela F. Friberg of Brewster, formerly of Mamaroneck, died Sunday, May 18. She was 88.
Friberg was born June 5, 1925, in Manhattan, to Costantino and Lucy (Caruso) DeLucia. She graduated from schools in Manhattan. She was an accounting clerk for Raichle Molitor (a ski equipment distributor) in Brewster for many years. She was a 35 year resident of Brewster. She previously lived in Mamaroneck.
Friberg is survived by her husband; sister, Anna Cassone of Brewster; three nieces; and a nephew.
Calling hours are Wednesday, May 21 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Beecher Funeral Home, 1 Putnam Ave., Brewster. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 22 at St. Lawrence O'Toole Church in Brewster. Interment will follow at Milltown Rural Cemetery, Brewster.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Friberg's memory may be made to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065.
- 1 State Police Warn Larchmont, Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Sisters During Calling Hours In Mamaroneck
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Mourners Gather At Vigil, Seeking Solace After Harrison Shooting Deaths