LARCHMONT, N.Y. – Catherine "Kate" Hayes Fleming of Larchmont died Feb. 2 at her home. She was 87.
Born Oct. 5, 1925, in Astoria, N.Y., Fleming was the daughter of Patrick J. Hayes and Annie Finnegan. She received a bachelor’s degree from the College of Mount St. Vincent in 1947 and a master’s in art education from the College of New Rochelle in 1977.
Fleming served as an editor at Funk & Wagnalls in Manhattan and later as a grammar school teacher and art instructor at Holy Family in New Rochelle as well as Sts. John and Paul and St. Augustine in Larchmont. She also photographed events at St. Augustine Church.
She is survived by three children, Mary (Alan) Stein, Marykate (Brian) Ledig and James (Lisa) Fleming; and five grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Edward T. Fleming; and a brother, Patrick Hayes Jr.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at John J. Fox Funeral Home in Larchmont. A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Augustine Church in Larchmont. Burial will be at Calvary Cemetery in Woodside, N.Y.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 Apiary Prepared Foods Opens In Larchmont
- 4 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 5 IRS Warns Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam