MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Charlotte Mae Albert of Mamaroneck died Monday, Aug. 11. She was 82.
Albert was born Sept. 17, 1931, to Charles F. Latten and Marguerite L. Latten. A lifelong resident of Mamaroneck, she had recently relocated to live with her daughter in Anderson, Calif. She graduated from Mamaroneck High School. She was the first black woman manager at IBM in lower Westchester in 1968. She was employed with IBM for 25 years as a first and second line manager before retiring in 1987. She continued to use her managerial skills for the Strait Gate Church's in-house bookstore. She was an integral part of growing the business to a storefront, the Westchester Christian Bookstore in White Plains.
Albert is survived by her sister, Alma Ayers of Dayton, Ohio; children, Charles Jr., Gordon and Cheryle; six grandchildren; five great grandchildren; sister-in-law, Jacqueline Wise; brothers-in-law, Sidney and David Albert; a host of nieces, nephews; extended family; and friends. She was predeceased by her husband, Rev. Charles E. Albert, Sr.
Memorial service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5 at the Strait Gate Church, 120 Madison St., Mamaroneck, NY 10543.
For more information, please visit: http://www.coxeandgraziano.com
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 4 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation