LAKE WORTH, Fla. - Jack Weitz of Lake Worth, formerly of Larchmont, N.Y., died March 16. He was 102.
Weitz was born July 27, 1911, in the Bronx and was the son of David Weitz and Anna (Tadanier) Weitz. He owned A&O Surgical Supply in the Bronx until his retirement in 1978. He was the AAU four-wall handball national doubles champion in 1973, 1974 and 1976.
Weitz is survived by his children, Jill Weitz of West Palm Beach, Fla., Bob Weitz of Henderson of Nevada, Candy Orlinsky (David) of New York and Vail,Colorado, Ginger Hiles and her companion, Robert Siepermann of Mamaroneck, Deirdre Evans of Beacon Falls, Conn.; and four grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Edye (Weinstock) Weitz; grandson, Kurt Hiles; brother, Morton Weitz; and sisters, Diana Weitz and Sylvia Teller.
Graveside services at Sharon Gardens in Valhalla, New York will be held on a future date to be determined.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mamaroneck Skies Sunday
- 2 Former Larchmont Moving Company Executive Gets Six-Year Prison Term
- 3 Medical Examiner: Larchmont Native Joan Rivers Died Of Low Blood Oxygen
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Mamaroneck, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Latimer Calls For Probe Of Senate Challenger Over Petitions