LARCHMONT, N.Y. - James R. (Bud) Walsh, a longtime resident of Larchmont, died July 26. He was 90.
Walsh was born to John and Mary (nee Hand) in New York City. He graduated from Mamaroneck High School, class of 1941. He served as a pilot in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II in Europe. Following his marriage he settled with his wife in Larchmont raised a family. He was the longtime postmaster in Larchmont and the former chief of the Larchmont Volunteer Fire Department. In addition, he was a member of the Larchmont-Mamaroneck Old Timers Athletic Association and the American Legion.
Walsh is survived by his wife, Beatrice; children, Susan Szyikowski, James (Debra), Steve (Marianne), Jeff (Kate) and Beth; eight grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 31 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 9 p.m. at the John J. Fox Funeral Home in Larchmont. A Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 1 at St. Augustine Church in Larchmont. Interment is private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Old Timers Athletic Association c/o Louise Yannuzzi, 220 Richbell Rd., Mamaroneck, NY 10543.
- 1 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester, Rye, Mamaroneck To Halt Hunting Plans
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Larchmont Population Growth Is State's Second Highest
- 5 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs