LARCHMONT, N.Y. - John Henry Meyers, a longtime resident of Larchmont, Jan. 1. He was 59.
Meyers was born March 15, 1954, in New Haven, Conn. He received B.A. and M.A. degrees in communications from Fordham University and began his career at The New Haven Journal-Courier, later joining Manufacturers Hanover Trust Co. (now part of JP Morgan Chase) in New York City, where he served as a public relations executive for 21 years. He then served as vice president and public relations director to Alliance Bernstein L.P. from which he retired in 2012.
Meyers is survived by his wife, Katherine; sons, James and Jeffrey; mother, Cecilia Meyers; sisters, Susan Asarisi, Nancy Boney, and Kathryn Tonucci, all of Connecticut; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his sister, Jeanne Amore.
Calling hours are Sunday, Jan. 5 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the John J. Fox Funeral Home, Inc. Larchmont. Funeral service will be held Monday, Jan. 6 at 10 a.m. in the funeral home. Interment at Greenwood Union Cemetery in Rye.
- 1 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 5 Larchmont Population Growth Is State's Second Highest