LARCHMONT, N.Y. – John Michael O'Keefe of Larchmont died Feb. 2 surrounded by his family. He was 95.
He was born April 8, 1917, to Michael and Bridget O'Keefe. He served in the Army during World War II and worked as Chief Court Clerk for the New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan.
O'Keefe is survived by three children, Jack (Anne Galletta) O’Keefe, Kathryn (Tony) Iacovelli and Susan (James) Malley; seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Dorothy; three brothers, the Most Rev. Joseph O'Keefe, the Rev. Thomas O'Keefe and Dennis O'Keefe; and two sisters, Elizabeth Nolan and Frances Dervin.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Coxe and Graziano Funeral Home in Mamaroneck. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Sts. John and Paul Church in Larchmont. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Mamaroneck Celebrating July 4 With A Bang
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Rye Teacher Can Return To Classroom Two Years After Being Placed On Leave