LARCHMONT, N.Y. – John Michael O'Keefe of Larchmont died Feb. 2 surrounded by his family. He was 95.
He was born April 8, 1917, to Michael and Bridget O'Keefe. He served in the Army during World War II and worked as Chief Court Clerk for the New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan.
O'Keefe is survived by three children, Jack (Anne Galletta) O’Keefe, Kathryn (Tony) Iacovelli and Susan (James) Malley; seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Dorothy; three brothers, the Most Rev. Joseph O'Keefe, the Rev. Thomas O'Keefe and Dennis O'Keefe; and two sisters, Elizabeth Nolan and Frances Dervin.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Coxe and Graziano Funeral Home in Mamaroneck. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Sts. John and Paul Church in Larchmont. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
- 1 Mamaroneck's Skinny House Nominated As Historic Place
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 5 Mamaroneck Puzzle Solver Readies For 38th Crossword Competition