LARCHMONT, N.Y. - John P. Medvec, longtime resident of Larchmont, died March 3. He was 81.
Medvec was born in Yonkers on Sept. 14, 1931, to Helen Hayduk and Joseph Medvec. He was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, serving during the Korean War.
Medvec is survived by his wife, Eileen; children, Peter and Jane Mackey (William); brothers, Albert and Steven Medvec; sister-in-law, Winifred Nixon; many nieces and nephews; three grandchildren. He was predeceased by sisters, Agnes Medvec, Helen Longo, Josephine Franz; brother, Joseph.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 4 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the John J. Fox Funeral Home in Larchmont. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday 10 a.m. at St. Augustine Church in Larchmont. Interment at Beechwood Cemetery in New Rochelle.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Women's Club Awards College Scholarships To Rye Neck, Mamaroneck Students
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says