LARCHMONT, N.Y. - John P. Medvec, longtime resident of Larchmont, died March 3. He was 81.
Medvec was born in Yonkers on Sept. 14, 1931, to Helen Hayduk and Joseph Medvec. He was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force, serving during the Korean War.
Medvec is survived by his wife, Eileen; children, Peter and Jane Mackey (William); brothers, Albert and Steven Medvec; sister-in-law, Winifred Nixon; many nieces and nephews; three grandchildren. He was predeceased by sisters, Agnes Medvec, Helen Longo, Josephine Franz; brother, Joseph.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 4 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the John J. Fox Funeral Home in Larchmont. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday 10 a.m. at St. Augustine Church in Larchmont. Interment at Beechwood Cemetery in New Rochelle.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Mamaroneck's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mamaroneck Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Mamaroneck Tigers Prepare For Sectional Sports Titles