RYE, N.Y. - Judith L. Litt of Rye died Monday, Aug. 12. She was 81.
Litt was born May 14, 1932, in New York, to Milton and Tessie Lasser. She was a member of the class of 1950 at Mamaroneck High School, and of the class of 1954 at Skidmore College, where she was a student of Robert Davidson.
Mr. and Mrs. Litt lived for many years in Larchmont, N.Y., where they were members of Larchmont Temple. She was an award-winning artist who specialized in bronze, marble and wood sculptures of animals and portraits of family members, she continued her studies at Greenwich House Pottery in New York City and at the Westchester Workshop at the County Center in White Plains with Helen Beling and Ruth Nickerson.
Litt is survived by her husband, Mark Litt, of Rye; son, Steven Litt (Rosalie) of Shaker Heights, Ohio; daughter, Helen R. Litt, of Marina del Rey, Calif.; brother, Howard Lasser, of Virginia; sisters-in-law, Ruth Lasser, of Rye and Susan McLeod (Roderick) of Toronto, Canada; and two grandchildren.
A burial service will be held at Mount Hope Cemetery, Hastings-on-Hudson, Thursday, Aug. 15 at 10:30 a.m., with Rabbi Mara Nathan of Larchmont Temple officiating. A memorial service will follow at 12 p.m. at The Osborn, 101 Theall Road, in Rye, where Rabbi Nathan will also officiate.
- 1 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 There Was An Upside To The Blizzard Scare In Larchmont
- 3 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck
- 4 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Mamaroneck, Larchmont