MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Michael E. Tolive, a longtime resident of Mamaroneck, died Oct. 5 at St. Peter's Hospital in Albany, N.Y., surrounded by family. He was 89.
Born Aug. 22, 1923, in Mamaroneck, Tolive graduated from F.E. Bellows High School and served in the Air Force in the Pacific from 1944 to 1945. He lived in Mamaroneck most of his life and was a self-employed contractor there.
Tolive enjoyed spending time with his family and many friends and neighbors. He was an avid golfer and an active member of St. Vito's Church and Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Upon retirement, he and his wife, Martha Rush Tolive, moved to Boynton Beach, Fla., where they lived for 20 years.
He lived at Atria Shaker Assisted Living in Albany since 2007 and was always happiest when lending a helping hand, giving back to his community or finding ways to make others feel special and cared for, his family said.
He is survived by a daughter, Marcia Tolive, of Albany; two granddaughters; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife in 2007; a brother, Louis Tolive; and two sisters, Madelyn Osborne and Josephine Wood.
Funeral services and a Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Pius X Catholic Church in Loudonville, N.Y., where Tolive was a parishioner.
- 1 Storm Could Bring Significant Snowfall, Icing To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 2 Larchmont Kicks Off 125th Anniversary Celebration With Time To Spare
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads To Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Ryder Gordon Brown, 3, Of Larchmont
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Larchmont, Mamaroneck