LARCHMONT, N.Y. – Patricia McQuade Ryan, formerly of Larchmont, died Jan. 16. She was 92.
Born Oct. 1, 1920, in New Rochelle, she was the daughter of Patrick and Mary McQuade. She graduated from New Rochelle High School and attended College of New Rochelle.
She was married to Peter E. Ryan for 50 years. He predeceased her in 1999. They lived in Larchmont for more than 35 years. She was a parishioner of St. Augustine Church and member of the Larchmont Shore Club and Larchmont Yacht Club.
Ryan worked as an executive assistant at G. Schirmer Music in New York prior to her marriage. She later worked as an executive secretary at the Larchmont Chamber of Commerce for more than 15 years after raising her children.
She spent her retirement in Washington, N.C., where she was a member of the Moms and Pops at Mother of Mercy Church and the Washington Yacht Club. Ryan moved to Suffield, Conn., in 2005 and lived at Suffield by the River and Suffield House.
Ryan is survived by six children, Patrick and Timothy Ryan, both of San Pedro, Calif., Mary Sue McKenna, of Dallas, Terence Ryan, of Longmeadow, Mass., Sheila Wilkinson, of West Springfield, Mass., and Peter, of Kansas City, Mo.; and 12 grandchildren.
Services were held in Massachusetts. Toomey-O’Brien Funeral Home handled arrangements. Memorial donations may be made to a favorite charity.
- 1 State Police Warn Larchmont, Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Sisters During Calling Hours In Mamaroneck
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation