MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Raymond Louis Sergel of Mamaroneck died Sept. 7 at his home. He was 85.
Born Sept. 10, 1926, Sergel retired as a lieutenant after 31 years with the New Rochelle Fire Department. He also retired from the Wartburg Home. Sergel was an avid gardener and hunter. He enjoyed reading and spending time with dogs.
He is survived by his wife, Dorothy; three daughters, Gail (Bruce) McDonald, Lynn (Fred) Sorenson and Diane (Gerald) Scialo; six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., Monday, at Coxe and Graziano Funeral Home in Mamaroneck. A prayer service will be held at 11 a.m., Tuesday, at the funeral home. Burial will be private.
The family will accept flowers or memorial donations to the North Shore Animal League.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Women's Club Awards College Scholarships To Rye Neck, Mamaroneck Students
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says