MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Robert R. Mastruzzi, a longtime resident of Mamaroneck, died May 13. He was 86.
Mastruzzi was born July 25, 1927, in the Bronx, He was the son of Concetta and Joseph Mastruzzi. He began his career as a physical education teacher in the New York City Board of Education. He rose to the position of superintendent of Manhattan High Schools and subsequently to a five borough superintendent for Special Education and School Improvement. He retired from his position in 1992 after serving 43 years in public education.
Mastruzzi is survived by his wife, Corinne; daughter, Linda Oliverio (Salvatore); and four grandchildren.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 15 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Graham Funeral Home, 1036 Boston Post Road, Rye. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, May 16 at Saint Vito's Church in Mamaroneck. Interment will follow at Saint Mary's Cemetery in Port Chester.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Diabetes Association or to the American Cancer Society.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads To Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning As 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 4 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow